History

Becoming ISO 9001 Certified & Largest Commercial Electrical
Contractors in Chicagoland area and beyond.

1912
Humphrey Gibson Sr. founded Gibson Electric.

1929
Humphrey Jr. takes over Gibson Electric.

1937-55
Gibson receives the ComEd account and wires electric ranges in homes.

1964
Thomas Gibson takes over Gibson Electric.

1970-80
Gibson expands from 50 employees to 500.

1990-91
Gibson completes its largest job - T5 at O'Hare International Airport.

1992
Gibson moves to Oak Brook and EMCOR Group becomes the new holding company.

1997
Gibson becomes the only Chicagoland electrical contractor to be ISO 9002 certified.

1998
Gibson acquires CDS and becomes Gibson Electric and Technology Solutions.

2003
Gibson becomes one of the largest commercial electrical contractors in Chicagoland.

2005
Gibson upgrades from ISO 9002 to ISO 9001 certified.

2007
Gibson relocates to Downers Grove, Illinois.

2008
Gibson completes DuPont Fabros CH1 Data Center Project in Elk Grove Village

2009
Gibson completes Kirkland & Ellis, Chicago's largest tenant build-out project to date.

2010
Gibson upgrades to the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System.

2011
Gibson completes DuPont Fabros CH2 Data Center project in Elk Grove Village.

2012
Gibson celebrates its 100th Anniversary.
Gibson completes the Rush University Medical Center Atrium Addition project.

2013
Gibson completes the Palos Hospital New Surgery/Bed Tower Pavilion project.
Gibson is awarded the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago project - 2nd largest project in Gibson history.

2014
Gibson is awarded DuPont Fabros CH2, Phase 1 Data Center project in Elk Grove Village

2015
Gibson is awarded DuPont Fabros CH2, Phase 2 and Phase 3 Data Center projects in Elk Grove Village

2016
Gibson completes The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago project.
Gibson is awarded the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Louis A. Simpson & Kimberly K. Querrey Biomed Research Center Project.
Gibson is awarded the O'Hare Airport Conrac Parking Garage project.